Passionate About Youth Empowerment
To enable committed volunteers to serve, uplift and develop sustainable, relevant, and equitable integrity-based youth leadership learning programmes that enable an ecumenical environment impacting on the body, mind, and spirit of the youth in Ga-Rankuwa
Keeping Youth Out of the Streets through drama, dancing, visual arts, poetry and karate lessons.
Education and awareness for adolescents’ girls and young women, boys and young men on HIV, STI’s and TB.
- Offer career advice to youth and link them with work opportunities.
- Preparing young people for interviews.
- Providing innovative skills-Coding Robotics.
To engage and educate young people on issues affecting them and advocating for their rights.
- To prevent HIV infection, through the provision of preventative and education programmes relating to HIV.
- To educate young people on issues affecting them and advocating for young people.
- To provide a “Power Space” – a safe space for young people where they will be able to express themselves.
- To provide community development for poor persons, including the promotion of community-based projects relating to self-help, empowerment, capacity building, skills development and socio-economic issues.
To promote high quality of life amongst youth in Ga-Rankuwa by encouraging participation in health and safety programs to ensure good quality of life and environment.
Teamwork is the engine for a high performance work culture
The association has a board of management that is elected every two years by members. The board appoints the General Manager, develop policies and is responsible for guiding the vision of the local association.
Afterschool programs that serve children and youth of all ages. These programs encompass a broad range of focus areas including academic support, mentoring, positive youth development, arts, sports and recreation, apprenticeships, workforce development programs, and programs for opportunity youth (i.e., youth not in schools or the workforce) and homeless youth.
Focus on the bigger picture of performance
- Working in partnership
- Honesty and integrity
- Humility and reliability
- Ubuntu and Umoja
- Commitment, diligence and discipline
- Transparency and accessibility
- Tolerance and equality
- Empathy and sympathy
- Accountability and responsibility,
- Promoting volunteerism and youth participation at all levels of decision-making
Highly Motivated Team with Sense of Humour
Everyone says it, but in our case it’s true: our team is the secret to our success. Each of our employees is amazing in their own right, but together they are what makes Ga-Rankuwa YMCA such a fun and rewarding place to work.